When should I replace my roof?
Roofs in our area typically last from 15-20 years. However, a lot depends on the quality of the roof materials used, how it was installed, and how it was maintained.
For example, if you have a lot of trees around your roof and allowed debris to build up on the surface of your roof system, this could shorten the roof life and effectiveness.
Additionally, roofs that may not have been installed properly or have poor quality materials may show vulnerabilities during our often strong storm events.
What are the signs of roof damage?
Roofs can be damaged by heavy winds, hailstorms, or other extreme weather conditions but can also incur damage due to age along with normal wear-and-tear. If you're uncertain whether your roof needs to be replaced, look for these signs:
- Cracked or missing shingles that allow moisture into your home's interior
- Shingles that are curled up around the edges (a sign of water penetration)
- Visible signs of leaks inside your home (wet ceilings or wet spots on carpets)
- An accumulation of dirt around vents and other areas (indicating moisture)
- The presence of moss or other vegetation on your roof
If you notice any of these problems, contact us as soon as possible. We will perform an inspection and determine if repairs or replacement is necessary.
How much does it cost to replace my roof?
Roof replacement costs vary depending on the size of the roof, specific features, and roof system to be installed. Our Energy Roofing Consultant will provide you with a full range of options so you can choose the roof system that best fit your goals and protection needs for your property.